Rhombus is the closed two-dimensional plane figure which is considered to be the specific type of parallelogram and because of the unique properties associated with it will be getting the most individual identity as the quadrilateral. The rhombus is also known as the equilateral quadrilateral because all of the sides are equal in terms of length. A rhombus can also be defined as a specific kind of parallelogram that will be fulfilling the basic requirements very easily and will be having two pairs of parallel sides in the whole process. In addition to this particular feature, the rhombus will also be having four sides equal just like a square which is also known as a tilted square. It is very much vital for people to be clear about the basic relationship of the rhombus with other kinds of quadrilaterals to avoid any kind of chaos and some of the basic kinds of relationships are:
A Square can be considered a specific kind of rhombus because of four equal sides it and all the angles of the square will be right angles. But in the cases of the rhombus, it is very much important to note down that it is not necessary to have all the right angles.
All rhombuses are parallelograms but all parallelograms are not rhombus. Similarly, all rhombuses are not squares but all squares are rhombus.
Rhombus is also known by three kinds of additional names which are a lozenge, Rhomb, and the diamond.
The rhombus is considered to be one of the specific kinds of the parallelogram which will be having all the properties of the parallelogram and some of the other basic properties associated with area of rhombus are:
- It will be having two diagonals of his lines of symmetry
- The Axis of symmetry will be considered as a line that will be dividing the object into two halves
- It will help in creating a mirror-like reflection of both sides of the object
- The rhombus is well known to have reflection symmetry over both of its diagonals
- General properties of the parallelograms will be there in the cases of rhombus for example opposite sides are congruent and equal, and opposite sides are equal and parallel.
- Diagonals of the rhombus will be bisecting each other
- The Sum of any two at the center consecutive angles will be one 80°
- It is also very much important for people to note down that diagonal of the rhombus in addition to bisecting at 90° will also be making sure that bisecting will be carried out at the same length without any kind of doubt.
- Rhombus will always be looking like a diamond-shaped quadrilateral which will be having all four sides as equal and further people need to note down that it is available to different kinds of real-life examples like a kite, hearing, and various other kinds of related things.
The formulas for this particular shape are:
- Area of rhombus will be diagonal one into diagonal 2/2
- The perimeter of the rhombus will be four in the length of the side so that everybody will be able to indulge in calculations very easily and efficiently without any kind of doubt.
Apart from all the above-mentioned points people also need to be very much clear about the basic properties of square shape so that there is no chance of any kind of chaos and everybody will actually want to manage the things effectively. Further, depending on experts from the house of Cuemath is a good idea so that everybody will be able to fulfill their overall purposes like a pro and score well in the exam.